Honestly, I don’t want to do this post. There is nothing new to say, there isn’t much happening either.
I can rumble a post of probably 20,000 words about my personal state of frustrations; but that will be off-the-mark here. On personal finance front – the past month has been as uneventful as any. In-short the common features as below –
- No major gains/ losses (overall)
- Same old problem of trading-portfolio not doing well – and I am unable to exit it!
- Outdone by NIFTY again!
The relative value of Portfolio VS Nifty as below:
It will be mundane to repeat the obvious – my portfolio shouldn’t have lost more than 30,000 Rupees and it lost 10.50 lac in value !!!
If I don’t experience stock-market bliss by mid-2019 (i.e. next general elections), I will quit active market participation and make an FD. Admit the mistake, so to speak (which currently looks a VERY HIGH POSSIBILITY)
Anyway, an overall browse of current positions as below –
Broadly, it looks like a well-diversified and pragmatic portfolio. 49:51 Equity-to-Debt ratio, well spread between asset classes. But it hides some huge flaws; some obvious ones (to me!) as below –
- around 92lac (10%) is in ‘small stocks’ or what I call as – trading portfolio. It is down by a good 30-lac (i.e., 33%!) and I really need to give myself the luxury of buying a gun. Yeah, and few bullets too. SMC guy deserves it (and so do I…)
- Debt MF is highly skewed towards a single-fund
- Equity MF have too many funds – 15. Thats 10 too many…!
Hope next month brings some relief.
(PS: I just went through previous months’ numbers. end of Jan – Nifty was 11016 while the portfolio was 9.95cr. Today Nifty is 10736 while portfolio is 9.98cr. If I discount the new investments made in these 4-months; then also the portfolio is down by 1.30% while Nifty is down by 2.60%.)
Does it mean I am not doing too bad, eh? Or is it “choosing the numbers the way they suit me?”