So the year has come to an end!
A lot (I mean it!) has changed for me personally over these last few days, and hopefully elevated me to a higher altitude – a better place. I will share more about it in separate posts.
This post is about something else. What a rewarding month this has been ! DEC2017 showed me the importance of two things –
(a) Patience – Keep your investments close and do not jitter away when market falls. My numbers’ growth below will exhibit it.
(b) Tracking – I had never before tracked my month-on-month performance. This is the first time I am doing so (and in public domain!) but the growth is exemplary !
End of NOV 2017, my total investment worth was Rs.8.12cr.
End of DEC 2017, it is 8.48cr. Jump of Rs.36lac! 4.5%
Seriously! 4.5% growth to a portfolio in a month is extraordinary to say the least. If it could be replicated for an year; CAGR is 54%!
Here’s a snapshot across Investments –
|Liquid (bank, cash) —–||₹ 6,95,000|
|Investment —–||₹ 8,41,74,150|
|Others (gold, currencies)||₹28,50,000|
Month-on-month basis, where did it improve? How did it fare vis-a-vis Indian stock markets? Lets see a comparison below ——-
(ps: I am going to use NIFTY and SENSEX broader values as benchmark. Financial wizards may criticise this approach, but hey, I am a layman writing this blog for laymen mostly)
2.97% outdone to 4.52%. thats quite neat according to me. Some key points to remember –
- NIFTY is hardcore stocks only. My portfolio is a mix of investment products and about 65% is Equity (stocks & mutual funds) and 35% is Debt mutual funds, fixed deposits, etc.
- I make new investments to the tune of 300k INR per month into various SIPs into equity-mutual-funds.
- I am not recommending anyone to invest in stocks or mutual funds or even debt funds WITHOUT due diligence and personal research and conviction.
Thats it for this post. I am hoping 2018 is going to be very very rewarding financially. Few reasons as per my limited knowledge –
- matured domestic investors.
- elections in early 2019
- Modi-euphoria continues
- no major worldwide jitters
If overall nifty is 11000+ by DEC2018; I am expecting my portfolio will be north of 10cr by year-end! that will be quite cool!